Upon graduation, students majoring in anthropology will be able to:
- Describe how evolutionary and historical processes have shaped primates and human ancestors and lead to the biological, behavioral, and cultural diversity seen in the present.
- Describe how cultural systems construct reality differently for various human groups.
- Describe how varying types of data are collected, analyzed, synthesized and interpreted to achieve these first two goals.
- Communicate anthropological knowledge effectively through written, oral and data presentation in varying formats for diverse audiences.
- Discuss human diversity and how knowledge about human diversity should lead to a better understanding of and therefore respect for people whose culture differs from ours.