Timothy K. Choy
Associate Professor of Science & Technology Studies
Associate Professor of Anthropology
One Shields Avenue
Davis , CA 95616
Office Hours for Fall 2016 :
- Monday 10-11:50, mostly. Appointments: http://tkchoy.youcanbook.me
- 2003 Ph.D., Anthropology, UC Santa Cruz
- 1997 M.A., Anthropology, UC Santa Cruz
- 1994 B.A., Linguistics, Stanford University
- 1993 B.S., Earth Systems, Stanford University
- Other: Clarke Fellow in East Asian Law and Culture, Cornell Law School, 2006-7
Ecologies, atmospheres, experimental compositions
2011. Ecologies of Comparison. Durham: Duke UP.
Winner, 2013 Rachel Carson Prize of the Society for Social Studies of Science; Honorable Mention, 2012 Gregory Bateson Prize, presented by the Society for Cultural Anthropology
2016. "Distribution." Theorizing the Contemporary, Cultural Anthropology website, January 21, 2016. https://culanth.org/fieldsights/787-distribution
2015. "Condition - Suspension." with Jerry Zee. Cultural Anthropology. 30:2. pp. 210-223.
2012. "Air's Substantiations." In Kaushik Sunder Rajan, ed., Lively Capital. Duke UP.
2009 “Mycorrhizal Relations: A Mushroom Manifesto.” Mogu Mogu (pen name for Timothy Choy and Shiho Satsuka). in Timothy Choy, Lieba Faier, Michael Hathaway, Miyako Inoue, and Anna Tsing, “A new form of collaboration in cultural anthropology: Matsutake worlds.” American Ethnologist, 36:2. p.380-403.
2005. "Articulated Knowledges: Environmental Forms after Universality's Demise." American Anthropologist. 2005. 107(1) pp 5-18.