Sarah B. Hrdy
PhD, Harvard University, 1975
- Radcliffe College, A.B. (summa cum laude), 1969
- Harvard University, Ph.D. (Anthropology), 1975
- Honorary Doctorate (Science), Harvard University, June 4, 2009.
- Honorary Doctorate (Humanistics), University of Humanistics, Utrecht, January 29, 2009.
- Honorary Doctorate (Humane Letters), Willamette University, May 16, 2010.
Significant and Recent Publications:
2010 - Myths, monkeys and motherhood: An intellectual autobiography. In Lee Drickamer and Donald Dewsbury (eds.), Leaders in Animal Behavior: The Second Generation. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 343-344. Available online.
2009 - Mothers and Others: The Evolutionary Origins of Mutual Understanding. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. ISBN 0-674-03299-3.
2005 - The 92nd Dahlem Workshop Report, "Attachment and Bonding: A New Synthesis." Edited by C. S. Carter, L. Ahnert, K. E. Grossmann, S. B. Hrdy, M. E. Lamb, S. W. Porges, and N. Sachser. ©MIT Press. ISBN 0-262-03348-8.
1999 - Mother Nature: A history of mothers, infants and Natural Selection. New York: Pantheon. 1999. (A BOMC Alternative Selection; Selected by Publisher's Weekly and by Library Journal as one of Best Books of 1999; chosen as a finalist for PEN USA West 2000 Literary Award for Research Nonfiction.) Translations: Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Polish.